Mulled Wine - The perfect Christmas wine for a cold December evening
Prep Time - 30 minutes
- Red Wine - 1 bottle (doesn’t need to be expensive)
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cloves - 6 pieces
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green Cardamom - 6 numbers
- Bay leaf - 2
- Star Anisee - 2 pieces
- Orange - 2 numbers
- Lemon - 1 number
- Brown Sugar - 2 table spoon
- In a large pan, pour the entire bottle of red wine.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, crushed ginger, crushed green cardamom, star anisee and brown sugar to the wine.
- Grate 1 orange and add peel to the wine mix. Squeeze the juice of the same orange into the wine.
- Cut the other orange (with peel) into 8 quarters and add to the wine.
- Cut the lemon into 8 quarters (with peel) and add to the wine.
- Place the wine on a low heat and allow spices and citrus to infuse for 20 minutes.
- DO NOT allow the wine to boil. Stir occasionally. The wine should gently heat on medium heat.
- Strain and serve warm for immediate use.